Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm in love with an Animal...

Yes I have been happily married to my wonderful husband for 13 years - but today I must talk about a new great love in my life. It's not another man per say, and it's not another rescued dog or cat. It's my Dyson DC07 Animal Vacuum and he is delicious in every way.
We met last week and I can honestly say it was love at first sight, that sleek purple body had me saying "I can't wait to get my hands on you!" But nothing compared to the first time I ran him over the living room carpet. Now keep in mind I just vacuumed it with the Hoover (the vacuum that sucks...and not in a good way) the day prior. Alas, a few swipes with my lightweight Dyson and the canister filled with dog hair not even visible to the naked eye! I was instantly high, my eyes gleamed with excitement and I started vacuuming everything in sight giggling maniacally as more and more hair swirled in the HEPA filtered canister. Attachments snapped on and off in a jiffy and when I emptied the full canister into the garbage by squeezing the simple "empty trigger" I heard myself exclaim "Hot Damn!"
Then I looked over at the laminate floor with my heart full of hope. Previous vacuums scattered the dog hair and dirt in 50 directions instead of sucking them up as I went over them. This forced me to sweep with a rubber broom first and then vacuum the dirt/hair pile and then use the attachment to get hair out of the corners, this followed by mopping and drying with an old towel. (by the way- has anybody out there attempted to sweep a dirt/hair pile with a cat that likes to pounce on dirt/hair piles? Not pretty) This was the floor ironically we installed for "ease of cleaning" with dogs and cats sharing our home. Could my man the Dyson handle a bare surface? I cautiously flicked my turbo action head to "Bare Floor" and held my breath in anticipation. I rolled the DC07 over the Pergo and hair sucked into the Dyson like it was going out of style. It even went under the furniture and God Bless it, the Dyson sucked the dog hair bunnies out of the corners without any additional attachment changes. A tear rolled down my cheek as I proclaimed "It's a miracle!"
Some may say I am a bit melodramatic...but I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. I go through a new vacuum at least once every 2 years and I foolishly didn't invest in a Dyson in the past due to sticker shock. Let me tell you Dogmoms out there. IT IS WORTH IT. Sell your children if you have to, this vacuum may be the second coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment