Friday, May 21, 2010

Who Killed Robbie Robin? A Murder Mystery


Oh dear. There has been a murder in the back yard this morning. I have pleaded with BirdMom's to keep their young out of the un-friendly confines of our fence but as we all know reckless adolescent birds like to rebel. This morning one such daredevil met a nasty fate. But the mystery begins here...who killed Robbie Robin? Here is what we know...
Estimated Time of Death: 8:45am -9:15am
Body Found in Middle of Yard - Feathers Ruffled as if Murderer "played" with kill
Suspects: Fiona, Dugan, Lily, Caelan, Sully and Brody
DNA testing has been inconclusive and CSI Chicago has not returned our phone calls so we are looking for your help in nabbing the killer!


Suspect #1 - Brody the Cat
Where were you at the time of murder?
"Yea, so what I was in the back yard you big palooka? What's it to you? I was just minding my own business sitting on the deck rail looking smug. You got nothing on me coppers, nothing. I ain't takin' the frame job on this one and ending up in the hoosegow so you can forget about it! So let's call this a day and you feed me some wet food. I ain't never heard of no Robbie Robin and you can't prove diddly on that rub-out! Oh sure, a bird turns up dead and you think it was the cat! Well I ain't talkin' and you can't make me, I didn't see or hear nothin'! Savvy?"
Probability of Murder: High





Suspect#2 - Dugan
Where were you at 9:00a.m. this morning?
"Exactly where I was at 7:00a.m. and 10:00a.m. and most likely where I will be at noon and 3:00p.m. Guarding the house while sleeping/shedding on the living room couch. I didn't even open my eyes for this mug shot so what makes you think I would wake up for some dumb bird in the back yard? Wake me when it is dinner time."
Probability of Murder: Low





Suspect #3 - Fiona
Can you account for your whereabouts between 8:45-9:00a.m. this morning?
"I refuse to say anything without my lawyer or agent present! Do you know who I am? I am the face and namesake of a major Custom Collar Company! Do you know what a scandal like this could do to me? I did not authorize that photograph! I am not even freshly groomed in it! I demand a phone call! I also want some room temperature filtered spring water in a cold ceramic bowl. These holding conditions are pitiful, I've stayed in 5 star hotels for heaven sakes. Say, how about a few free custom martingales for you in 1.5 inch width and we just forget all about this?"
Probability of Murder: Doubtful









Suspect #4 - Sully
Where were you this morning between 8:45am-9:15am?
"You know where I was young grasshopper. I was in my Vintage Birdcage Cat Bed you made for me when I decided your decorative bird cage was a great place to lay down in and contemplate the universe. I was doing my morning meditation of course. Being a Zen Buddhist you know I would never hurt another creature. I am saddened by the news of one Robbie Robin but hope that in his departure from this earthly world he has found enlightenment and peace."
Probability of Murder: Nonexistent





Suspect #5 - Caelan
Can you explain where you were this morning around 9:00a.m.?
"
Ummm, hello? I was on your unmade bed. Like do you even know me? I mean for sure I do this every morning so why are you like, even bothering me? OMG... do I have to spell it out for you? I eat my breakfast at 7:00am, I go outside to do my business and carefully walk along the mulch so my paws do not get wet in the morning dew. I mean, ewwwww, it's so wet and gross. Then I get a treat and I go up and go back to sleep on my bed. Or your bed, whatever. I was like asleep dude when that bird got whacked. I don't even like birds so whatever. If the grass was wet I was not out there, I mean DUH...watch a weather report. It rained like all night. My paws are dry so like get a life already and leave me alone."
Possibility of Murder: Low







Suspect #6 - Lily
Can you pinpoint your whereabouts between 8:45a.m. -9:15a.m. this morning? "Sure! I was in the back yard tossing stuff around!"
What? "I mean, I was ummm, I don't recall."
Can you explain the dirt and scratches on your face? "Ummm, I ummm, well I, fell into a door or up the stairs or into a wall. Yes, that's it. I fell up the stairs and they were ummm, dirty and then a cat scratched me or it was a wall and I hit my head and now I can't remember."
Do you know or have you ever known one Robbie Robin? "Sure! I mean, no. Ummm, never heard of Rupert or whatever that name was you said. I mean I've tasted his feathers, but that doesn't mean you really know a guy. I mean, nope, I ummm, haven't met him and probably never will because he is dead. Not that I know that, I just heard it from one of the cats, I mean, ummm. No. Never heard of him."
Possibility of Murder: Very High

4 comments:

  1. **giggling**

    Birdie is a bird murder too. She does however respect raptors after hunting with a gyrfalcon and a red tailed hawk.

    She takes the terrier part of her breeding seriously. We have no mice in the house, chipmunks & squirrels avoid areas she can reach.

    I'll have to repost the blog about the fabric thieving squirrel.

    ~ Noel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!! Just what I needed this sleepy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lilly- You Look SO guilty in the mug shot! I think you need to ask Fee for a few lessons on KYMZ (keeping your muzzle zipped) when Chuck Goudie comes around with the Channel 5 investigative reporting team. Also, baby, this is Chicago. Remember that pay offs go a long way... EZ pass

    ReplyDelete
  4. so funny! I almost cried I was laughing so hard by the end

    ReplyDelete