Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A message from Dugan - One Grumpy Old Dog

* Since Dugan told the animal communicator last week he was the "favorite" it behooves us to let him write today's blog. The subject is something we can tell you he is very passionate about.

Daylight Savings Time
by Dugan Finn Rainboth Barry

Okay humans, enough about this Daybright Savings crap, it sounds like a bank name anyway. You can try to explain to me every which way to Sunday the concept and the truth is I don't care. Feed me and feed me when I know I am supposed to be fed, which is more specifically when I want to be fed.
Do dogs wear watches? Hmmm? Do they? No. No they don't. Believe me, if dogs could wear watches those overpriced bastards at The Company of Dogs would create them in every color for every size breed. (you idiots would buy them too, you know you would)
This is not open for negotiating. I don't care if that ticking thing on the wall says 6:00a.m. I goddamn know in my starving gut it is really 7:00a.m. and I want breakfast. Don't play mediator with me offering to split the time down the middle and feeding me at 6:30 till I get used to the time change. This will not happen.
Don't ignore my howling (which is the first clinical sign of dog starvation by the way) by shutting your bedroom door. You are just damn lucky I am arthritic and don't like to climb the stairs in the morning or I would have clawed that damn door. I think my shredding of your decor couch pillow this morning should be message enough that ignoring the situation is not a solution.
So let's summarize. I'm a dog and I am obviously in charge of this household. I don't use clocks. I want food when I want it.
Now get on board goddamn it. Having to explain this hooey to you has really cut into my morning nap time.
~ Dugan
p.s. Don't even think of scolding me for pulling your jackets off the coat rack in the laundry room and licking all your coat pockets that may or may not have had treat remnants in them. I was freakin' starving lady.

3 comments: