Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's the Sign?



* The following is copied from a Facebook plea between me and Pogue's FosterDogMom who taught him sign language. I often find the basic signs she taught him do not cover all situations...

  • 5 hours ago via Friend Matrix
  • Danica Barreau ? What's the sign language sign for "Pogue it's pouring rain and almost midnight. Drop the live possum you have in your mouth and stop flipping it in the air across the backyard."
    My screaming was obviously ineffective due to his deafness.
     ·  · 14 hours ago



    • Shannon Barry Meanwhile an obedient Lily, a terrified Beatrix and a "I dont want to be in the rain anyway" Dugan all high tailed it back inside the doggie door. Which I put the insert in as Pogue was ready to bring hissing possum into my family room.
      14 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
    • Shannon Barry I then started screeching for Alex to help - who was upstairs trying to sleep as his back is out and he had to call into work. He joined my "let's stand out in the pouring rain in our underwear" party wearing Crocs, boxer shorts and a hipster Dickies jacket.
      14 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
    • Shannon Barry A new game formed where I would distract Pogue with the flashlight long enough for Alex to use the garden shovel to pick up the possum. Who at this point is playing possum complete with it's tongue hanging out the side of it's mouth. If he was a cartoon - two black x's would be where his eye sockets were.
      14 hours ago ·  ·  4 people
    • Shannon Barry Seemingly dead possum would them become ressurected while on shovel and jump off. Enough movement to interest Pogue again in chasing and picking possum. Cycle repeats with me screaming "DROP IT!" the whole time which again is useless AS DOG IS DEAF.
      14 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
    • Shannon Barry Traumatized Beatrix watched from sliding glass door pondering "When the hell is somebody going to fill out an application and adopt me? These people are obviously unstable."
      14 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
    • Shannon Barry Using corpse-like possum to lure Pogue close to him Alex grabs his collar and turns to me to take it. I quickly grab hold of Pogue as Alex tenderly places possum into neighbor's yard. (or gingerly tosses it with shovel as it is pouring rain and midnight, details are foggy at this point. )
      14 hours ago ·  ·  5 people
    • Shannon Barry So Danica Barreau - what's the appropriate sign for this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment