Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fiona knows the Truth about Santa's Little Helper

I think I figured out this week how Santa does it all...it has to be steroids. All those toys, all those chimneys, all the travel and lists! No mere man can do it all unassisted! Speaking of being super busy - we are! Our Lucky Fiona studio has been blessed with many, many orders this holiday season. Like many. A lot. In these hard economic times we realize this is truly a gift to us - thank you. To be able to make high quality products and bring custom made collars to your beloved dogs and cats is what we love to do. We are pulling many late nighters but want our dear customers to know we are running at the 10 day max on fabrication. We are going to insert hours into the day to get all orders to destinations by the holiday, so we appreciate your patience in our turnaround time.
Last Sunday I woke up with a really sore hip and truly is there anything sadder than a 37 year old complaining about her "bad hip"? (I imagine people picturing me with a walker hobbling to my sewing machine) At any rate I like Santa have a workshop of collars to measure, cut, press, sew and send off to well behaved dogs and cats! No time to be down and out with a bad hip! A trip to the doctor on Monday resulted in some steroidal treatment and let me tell you I am zipping around now like a bat out of hell! It dawned on me that Santa too must be fully loaded with 'roids this time of year. It's really the only explanation. I realized the full spectrum of my "Roid-Rage" yesterday when I recounted I had been to the post office 3 times in one day mailing out collars and I was happy and full of zest each time. What normal person is happy at the Post Office this time of year? I think the one postal worker on my last trip was pressing a little white button under the counter as I rambled on about "how the lines were not that bad and heck I'm thirsty why isn't there a water fountain or soda machine here or a latte stand? Wouldn't that be great?Do postal workers get a lot of overtime this time of year or are they in the same budget crunch most companies are? And why do I have to fill out a Confirmation form in person when online when I print postage I don't have to fill out the form and do you have any Nutcracker stamps left?" All while smiling like a maniac and craving a cheeseburger.

Then I got home and shoveled the driveway.

So you see if everybody just dosed themselves with some steroids holiday tasks would be done with lots of energy and vigor! Bad hip? What the heck- I forgot all about it - I'm already planning my prescription refill request for next holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. You just crack me up. (And Yoshi too, of course).

    ReplyDelete