Friday, December 4, 2009

Just Say No To Puppy Crack


Puppy Crack ~ The dogs viciously attack for a bite of the Crack

You never think it could happen to one of your dogs. I raised them right after all...took them to obedience, monthly grooming, hired the most incredible pet sitter for the days I can't be home with them. They have a nice home, fully fenced yard and dog park passes. My dogs are well socialized, always test negative on Heartworm tests and can tell the difference when fetching a toy between Hedgey the Hedgehog and Pink Eyed Puppy if I ask them to retrieve something specific out of a toy bin. I did everything right. But Crack still found them.
The dealer is a lady who owns a dog boutique called Hairy Winston and she sent this poison directly into my home in a so called "gift" box full of other harmless dog treats and dog related products. An end of the year "thank you" goodie box for Lucky Fiona. Who knew what evil rested inside the gold foil bag she mailed to us hidden beside chicken jerky and sweet potato ropes!
Sure I thought my dogs were hooked on their usual favorite Molasses Buddy Biscuits, but nothing, nothing compares to the fervor that occurred when they first tasted Puppy Crack. It only took one chomp of this innocent looking little biscuits to see there was a problem. Drooling became out of control, whining commenced and dogs that typically are gentle as lambs with each other began to body slam each other looking for crumbs.
My name is Dogmom Shannon and my pooches are Puppy Crack addicts.
Is it my fault? Is it because I try to give them baby carrots as a treat when really it's not a treat but a healthy vegetable? Did I coddle them too much? Why dear God? Why!
I can't even blame it on any outside bad influences like the Lucky Fiona Street Gang who they hang out with every month. Sure those dogs have some quirks, but none of them are Crack junkies. (as far as I know at least, hmmm, Jetty the puppy does seem to have a crazy look in his eyes and that Micky is a newcomer, who really knows her past?)
All I know is I have dogs who will sit under the fridge fixated on the Puppy Crack package on top of the fridge. Like any good Dogmom my first thought was to flush it all down the toilet, but then I thought this may cause withdrawal behavior worse than the current wackadoodle addiction behavior. I also locked up my jewelry as I found Fiona going through the Yellow Pages to see what Pawn Shop is closest to our home.
I love my Puppy Crack addicted dogs. I do. I just hope this does not happen to your dog. Take this opportunity to talk to your dogs about Puppy Crack now and how to say no. You never know when some dealer will push it on your dog. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Puppy Crack amazing? Ellis' grandma bought some for her while in South Carolina. The makers have Danes themselves, so I think it was fate that Ellis become a mini-addict.

    ReplyDelete