Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ummm, really?


I'm a supporter of all my fellow Etsy artists, especially those who make animal companion products. But I have to say I am a little jealous that in all the years of selling on Etsy I never landed on the front page...yet this particular seller did today. I guess my gorgeous custom collars cannot hold a candle to air fresheners you put over your dog or cat's butt hole.
www.etsy.com/shop/reargear
Where am I going wrong and please somebody tell me this product is a hoax. Or if you've used it I would like a full report of ummm, well, why?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my that is a little bizarre. I'm afraid my pups would boycott that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, no hoax, I bought one of these for my parent's dog, the Biohazard one...he can literally clear a room when he lets a "toot" slip out, so it was bought as a joke for him. It's has a little bungee cord that slides on the dogs tail. It lasted all of a minute before he wanted it off but we got a good chuckle out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is that it is a possible April Fools Joke. You deserve the front page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little bummed that something so ridiculous would make the front page over your gorgeous collars.....but hey, they didn't ask for my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't buy it. Pet products get the short stick on Etsy. You're one of the top sellers in the Pets category, and I think you deserve to be on the front page many times.

    ReplyDelete