Sunday, August 31, 2008

September Charity is S.O.S.

Every month we pick a worthwhile organization to donate proceeds from our Silly Stripe Collar sales. It's always difficult to choose a charity, not for lack of organizations, but because they are so, so many animals in need. As I searched through rescue websites this evening it was overwhelming to see story after story of unwanted, sick, abused and forgotten animals. It validates my personal stance and Lucky Fiona's to support and promote rescue. I only wish I could do more, have more money to donate, more space in my home, more time in my life to help all the creatures in need. This month we are pledging sales from our Silly Stripe collar to Save Our Setters http://saveoursetters.org This wonderful group does so much for setters in need and seeing the large number of Irish Setters in particular in need of support was heartbreaking. Loving the breed as I do it's painful to think of any setter not getting all the love and quality of life they deserve. What also drew me to this group was the number of dogs they have with serious medical issues in foster and also many whom were taken from puppy mills and are advanced in age. To think of a dog at 8 years of age who lived in a mill their whole life... no dog deserves a chance more than that. I hope we sell many collars for them this month and hopefully some kind hearted animal lovers will see their website and sponsor one of their foster dogs. We are just a small little collar company, but with every donation we're making a step in the right direction. That thought will help me sleep tonight. Please visit the site and do what you can if you can. Fiona and Dugan and Caelan send sweet setter kisses to all who help their kindred spirits at S.O.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment