Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back to Business


It's always nice to take a little break and Alex and I enjoyed a few days off from the studio to travel and visit family and enjoy the Easter holiday. But nothing can stop my insatiable need for fabric and new Lucky Fiona styles. Imagine my delight when my Father-in-Law took me to a real gem of a fabric shop tucked in a small NorthEastern town. Imagine rooms and rooms of fabric bolts, many vintage and priced so well I started to uncontrollably drool upon entering the building. Yes, it was fabric nirvana my friends. A kind older man ran the shop who took the business over from his father... so 50 years of fabric history surrounded me. No internet sales, no fancy displays, not even a cash register...just a cutting table and a sweet lady with a calculator. I felt a wee bit dizzy shopping to tell the truth, so much great yardage so little time. My secret little fabric finds will be released throughout the year in our Etsy shop and on our website so stay tuned... also let me know if you know of any vintage fabric shops out there tucked away and frozen in time. Fiona and I promise to keep them a secret.

1 comment: