Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lucky Fiona Street Team Braves Tri-Athletes


Alex and I with new Team Shirts & Fiona, Caelan & Dugan at Naperville Riverwalk

Taking it to the Streets Again and not feeling inadequate at all as female triathletes jog by us with well toned bodies. - Sunday 6/14
We were few in numbers due to yesterday's rain-out, but the Lucky Fiona Street Team could not be squelched by poor weather and re-schedules! Little did we know when rescheduling yesterday's rain-out that this morning in downtown Naperville was a Woman's Triathlon. But street closures and race officials yelling "Step aside with your dogs! Runner's coming through!" could not stop us from taking the Riverwalk by storm with our new Lucky Fiona Street Team Tee Shirts! Heck yeah we took over the streets - that's what our doggie street gang does best!
Thanks to Marcy B. (Dogmom to Moxie Green Paws) for bringing a camera and sending me pictures to share. Apparently I as not specific enough when I told my husband to grab the camera this morning. You see the camera was sitting directly under the battery charger plugged into the wall and in man world I did not tell him to take the battery off the charger and insert it into camera. I just said "bring the camera". So the fact the camera had no battery when I went to take pictures was my fault. Husbands. Sigh.
We look forward to great weather and our full team on our next meeting which is Saturday July 11th at 10:30a.m. at the Dandelion Fountain in Downtown Naperville. Mark your calendars!
*Lyla Our Youngest Street Team Member had her own T-Shirt made to match her dog's collar - for details on this see tomorrow's blog!

1 comment:

  1. That kid is cute!! Oh wait, she's mine!!! I can be biased! :)

    ReplyDelete