Wednesday, June 3, 2009

They All Leave the Nest Sometime...


A message from Fiona...
My Friends ~
Well, it had to happen. My Dogmom told me it would, but it doesn't make it any easier I'm afraid. I've been watching the Robin's nest for weeks now. I've created a cozy little area to lay in and keep my patrol. It didn't start out that way, but once I trampled some hostas beyond recognition and kicked all the mulch around and killed the grass it was really a nice play to lounge all day. I think it looks a lot better but my Dogmom thinks not, apparently she knows nothing about the comfort level of an English Setter.
Yesterday I ran outside after I ate my breakfast and on auto-pilot I headed over to my corner to start my patrol. I was saddened to see my little Robin-baby was gone! The rubber neck with a beak has been changing every day, dare I say getting better looking...and now gone. Flown the coop so to speak...literally.
Woe is me. What will I do all day? I was so dedicated to my post and now I've been downsized because Robin-baby learned to fly. I know in this economy I am not alone in being unemployed, but Robins nest seasonally! It could be next spring before I get another nest to patrol!
Signed-
A Pointing Bird Dog with Nobody to Point At
Fiona

p.s.
My Robin-baby is hanging out in the front yard now. My Dogmom got a picture of him next to our fountain yesterday morning. Looks better with feathers, right?

2 comments:

  1. Fiona always puts a smile on my face after reading your blog! If I'm having a bad day I just need to read your blog to get through the day!
    Since we moved to MA from NJ Sadie has found some new critters to chase.....rabbits and woodchucks! Sadie and Max have also found 2 new friends who live next door to us....Duncan, who is a Yorkie, and Shelby, who is a Miniature Schnauzer. Sadie has taken a liking to Duncan. Our neighbors went away for a few days so I was fortunate they asked me to dog sit which Sadie didn't like that her Mommy was giving her friends so much attention! Our other neighbors Cairn Terrier passed away earlier this year and have started looking at the shelter for a new dog so Max & Sadie are looking forward to having another new friend close by.

    Jackie, Max & Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fenced part of our backyard is right next to our horse pasture, so Mr, Zoey and Pickle's favorite past time is to stalk and communicate with the horses. There is a bird's nest on our back porch that Zoey is fascinated with. She feels Fiona's pain!

    ReplyDelete