Friday, October 16, 2009

Everybody Loves Lily


It's been 2 weeks since Lily came to join our family and we are so happy to report she is doing great and fits in so wonderfully with all of us. Not wanting to overwhelm her I have slowly been introducing her to new things and she just takes everything in stride. My pal Marcy came over yesterday with her 8 month old daughter Lyla for some lunch and chit-chat. Marcy kindly agreed to let Lyla be the first child that Lily has been exposed to since coming to live here. I promised Marcy Rice Crispy Treats as compensation for allowing her first born to be our baby-guinea-pig.
Imagine our delight when we put Lyla on the floor (a brave move in a house with 4 dogs) and Lily went right over to her, plopped down and rolled on her back. Lily then proceeded to lay there as Lyla played with her collar and poked her fingers at her snout. I've never seen a dog so gentle and sweet with a baby. But then again, I've never met a dog so sublimely sweet as Lily.
Lyla went home with all her fingers and yet another day has passed when I learn something new about our newest addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment