Thursday, April 24, 2008

They are just as cute as puppies...


So Lucky Fiona is on vacation this week as some of you may have noticed by our banner in the Etsy shop. Fiona's Dogmom & Dogdad had to travel to attend a christening for new little twin nephews Rowan and Kieran. Are they not the most adorable little puppets ever? We are definitely enjoying this precious time with family, but missing our dogs tremendously. Life is just not the same without them, and although they are in good hands with their beloved pet sitter Jane (a.k.a. The Cookie Lady) we still miss them so. Last night as I slept I reached my hand down instinctively to pat Fiona on the head, only to realize where I was and that she was not there. It's rather ironic that I go to bed every night at home grumbling about the lack of space in our bed as we maneuver around setters strewn lengthwise in our sleeping space...then get a night of the whole bed to ourselves and mourn their absence.
Yes, life with no dogs around is foreign and strange, the lack of dog hair and commotion is eerie. Luckily my dog skills served me well this morning when my sister in law and husband left me alone with the twins. They started crying so I put Rowan in a crate with a Kong toy and taught Kieran how to sit using a Gentle Leader head harness. (just kidding! don't call child protection services on me yet!)

1 comment: