Friday, January 1, 2010

Dog Centered Resolutions for 2010

The Head Bitch has a few to throw in the ring. Would love to hear your dog related resolutions...please comment!

* I will learn to breathe in, exhale, smile and say nothing. I will practice this technique whenever I am introduced to a person (like my husband's boss' wife) who brags about the purebred-designer-mixed-breed-Puppy-with-papers she just purchased at Petland for $2300.
* I will not buy any more dog beds or cat beds. We have them in every room in the house and the dogs and cats still prefer our furniture to lounge on so why do I bother?
* I will try not to spend more time on preparing the dog's meals than my husband's dinner.
* I will accept that Stuffie Toys with Squeekers have short life spans. They are the Great Danes of the Dog Toy World. Nothing I do or say can save them from a bitter end via overzealous setters. I will not spend more than $5 on a stuffie regardless how "indestructible" the sales person swears it is.
* I will not spend more on the dog's grooming than I do on my own hair care per month. No more drugstore hair dyes in a box so Dugan can get Eucalyptus De-Matting Shampoo and Conditioning treatment at the groom shop.
* I will be the person my dogs' think I am...this may take more than a year to master, but heck you have to start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment