Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Makeover Contest Entry Jack Reacher

Jack is looking for a style makeover!
Hey  there, Derby!
Jack Reacher , here. I am in urgent need of a Lucky Fiona makeover. They tried to make me over when I was released from the small pen I lived in for the first five years of my life. Apparently I was a matted and mud encrusted orange belton English setter. So they cut off  a bunch of matted fur and gave me a bath. They must have been in a hurry because the haircut looks like a real hack job. I should not be ungrateful, I got out of the cage and I was getting people attention, which for me, is a wonderful thing. But I digress. Allow me to tell you my story.
My name is Jack. I existed in a small pen with my other dog friend in southern Virginia, until a kind neighbor convinced my owner that that sort of solitary confinement is no life for a gregarious fellow like me. I needed to be with people and to learn some basic manners. Another Chance for English Setters stepped in and my buddy and I were rescued.
I traveled from southern Virginia to my foster home on Long Island in March of this year. Talk about culture shock! This country boy was amazed at the traffic, all the people and the bridges. The bridges are so high and I am afraid of heights. I stayed with a lovely couple for a few weeks. I was getting fed twice a day and I had water available whenever I wanted a drink. I learned that one must answer nature's call OUTSIDE. That is a work in progress, but Mom says I am making huge strides.

I had to visit a veterinarian. For any other dogs reading my story, the vet's office is a place to avoid. Trust me. They do unspeakable things there. They poke you with needles, make you sleepy and then they cut off your balls while you are unaware.  They say I am now fully vaccinated and neutered. I could have done without this. At least they pet me and gave me treats after the "incident' and told me what a good boy I am, so in retrospect, maybe it was not so bad.
My foster told me someone was coming to see me on Easter Sunday. I was excited. I love company. Then I heard the news I was waiting for. I now had a 'furever' family!!! I was going to live in a house, eat good food regularly, and just be loved. It was my dream come true.

I was wearing an orange plastic coated collar . It poked and chafed. My new sister loaned me one of her collars, albeit grudgingly, a LUCKY FIONA collar. It is so stylish and comfortable. I certainly look dapper. But, I want to have collars to call my own. It will be the topping on the cake of my rags to riches story.
Your pal,
Jack Reacher
PS I am enclosing some pictures of me with my new family. There is even a baby here sometimes that does not care if I kiss her or eat her cheerios. The boy throws a ball for me and we play video games together.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. _ Roger Caras

No comments:

Post a Comment