Monday, June 16, 2014

Makeover Entry Fresca





It all began one day in September 2007.
  The plea came through for a young female English Setter in need of rescue.  Contact with the shelter was made and wait, oh NO there is not one, not even two, but THREE English Setters in need of rescue.  Miraculously foster homes were found for all three.  They were moved to safety, vetted and then, the wait for transport.  Finally, the transport filled for Saturday, October 13, and I was on my way to pick up my sweet setter foster.  I left the house telling The Clan, life will be a little different starting this afternoon, but it will only be for a few weeks, this girl is sweet and beautiful as can be, her new forever family will come along soon. 

The introductions to The Clan went well.  Ah yes, the adventures of bringing home a new foster…  The cats all were happily chased, the antique dresser danced upon, and Fresca began her lessons in house manners. 
CATS...they are NOT just for chasing!


I noticed Fresca had a terrible time with stairs and “crashed & burned” when running in the yard.  I knew she had a hip problem.  Sure enough after x-rays were taken, Fresca was diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia.  Fresca’s made great progress, she plays and has the energy of a “normal” setter.  My vet can’t believe the x-rays belong to Fresca, that’s how much she has improved.
From her reactions to some males, we know there was abuse in Fresca's past.  Due to the patience, time and gentle nature of a very special young man down the street, Fresca has overcome her fear of young 
children, boys in particular, and is a little calmer around adult males.
 After close to 7 months of being available for adoption, without much real interest, we remained hopeful the right home would come along.   Then, one night as I sat on the kitchen floor at dinner time, Fresca walked into my lap, put her arms around my neck and gave me a kiss.  That sealed it, I KNEW Fresca was never leaving.  I believe Fresca knew the minute she walked into the door that fateful day in October, 6+ years ago, she was home……..    Foster failure, we don’t think so! Fresca, sweetheart, we all love you! 
 So, Fresca’s life has almost had a full makeover.  The last missing piece would be to win the Lucky Fiona Makeover contest!  Fresca’s coat is nice and short, collars stand out on her and she loves bright colorful Lucky Fiona collars!
Hi Collar Peeps, Fresca here!  You have no idea what it’s like living here with this grumpy old setter brother and those hissy cats.  Yikes what’s a girl to do?  Heck, I’m 8 years young and need something to help brighten me up.  Let me tell you, I’d feel sooo special if you choose me to win the collar contest.  Your collars are amazingly comfie and pretty too.




No comments:

Post a Comment