Monday, June 16, 2014

Makeover Entry Sassy

Day of adoption. Whoppee!


Dear Derby,
I want to start by apologizing for the late entry. My typist/mom has horrible ADHD and in spite of my efforts to remind her it is now nearing the makeover deadline. I am hoping that you are in the central time zone and that I am on time.

My name is Sassy and I am a 7.5 year old shepherd mix. My mom adopted me at 6 months from a shelter. My first mom wasn't healthy and had not anticipated what it meant to have a puppy. I was too bouncy. She surrendered me along with my puppy class certificates. I was top in my class but that wasn't enough. This isn't the best picture but this is the day my mom adopted me.

Neo Crazy Ears
At first it was just me and my mom. I loved it. She got hurt in an accident though and I had to stay with my aunt for a while. I missed her but loved having my younger cousin, Neo, to play with. I was so happy the day I got to go back home. I could barely believe it. It had been nearly 9 months. This is Neo. He has crazy ears.


Mom decided to adopt me a brother since I missed Neo. So along came Chance. He is a black and white pointer. This is Chance interfering with my mom taking my picture. He interferes a lot.
Chance and me




















We added Rocky, a black and white pointer mix, and that makes three of us. This is me with my brother, Rocky. We are pretty tight.
Sassy and Rocky 


I love my brothers but I have noticed something that makes me sad. People don't pay as much attention to me as they do to them. I am starting to show my age a bit. A little gray under my muzzle. I have tears in each ear from getting beat up a couple of times as well. Maybe that is why? I went to the store with my mom the other day and all the staff said hi but they didn't want to take my picture. They always want to take my brother's picture. It made my mom sad that they didn't notice me.

NOTICE ME! I'm pretty darn special too!



I hope if I win that people will maybe notice how awesome I look in my new collars and take the time to get to know me. I am a super sweet dog. Faithful, well behaved, and a good sister. I put up with a lot of drama from Chance and have endless patience with Rocky.

What do you think Derby? Is there hope for me?

Thank you,

Sassy Emery

No comments:

Post a Comment