Monday, September 22, 2008

Dugan's Mailbag



Dugan has previously shown interest in the lovely Maizie-dog. She is quite a bit younger than him but her older IS sis Maddie is already spoken for so he is shooting for a May-December romance. He recently received this letter from Maizie's Dogmom:

Maddie and Maizie feel like movie stars in their new Lucky Fiona collars! They love them! Thank you for offering these great products. I'm sure they will have to have more than one, and they will be the envy of all the dogs in the neighborhood. :O)
Maizie has a potential habit that may turn Dugan off. She is a crack head, I hate to say. After bringing all the grocery bags in the kitchen, Maizie stuck her head in one and wouldn't get out. When I finally pulled her head out, she had white stuff all over her nose! She had ripped the top off the flour and was going to town eating and snorting it. It was hilarious, but of course the camera is nowhere to be found when you have something that needs to be caught on film! We need to start a support group for Setters on Crack. Maybe she actually did it to impress Dugan since he sent her the picture of him with the mohawk and leather and spikes collar. Who knows her motive!?!
Thanks again for the great products!
Melissa Law


Dugan's Response:


To My Beautiful Maizie,
Maizie you look just lovely in your new collar. I'm sorry your Dogmom did not understand that you were merely attempting to assist her in unloading the groceries. I find often that our setter actions are not only misunderstood but completely unappreciated! You truly are a setter after my Irish heart, I too once ate flour. In fact I ate a whole bag of it. Sure I stole it out of the pantry, but this was a few years ago before my DogMom and DogDad put a whole new door on the pantry because I learned how to open it and help myself. Maybe someday you can come visit me and I'll show you the x-ray of my stomach and intestines after ingesting a bag of whole wheat flour. The emergency vet said it was the most unusual and fascinating thing she ever saw so I guess that is good, right? As usual I was in trouble over it, but really I was eating it because wheat flour is gross and if they think using it in their muffins and pancakes is going to make them taste better they are sorely mistaken. But you know how it goes, nobody bothers to thank us.
Thanks for your pictures and please keep writing me, I know our age difference is a problem to some, but really all Irish setters are puppies at heart so what's the big deal?
All My Love and Setter Kisses-
Dugan

1 comment:

  1. Dugan, no wonder you're take with her! She is a beautiful IS for sure!

    It is a dog's duty to check ALL the grocery bags to make sure no contraband gets into the house. Flour could be contraband...

    Brown dog kisses,
    Dannan

    ReplyDelete