Sunday, September 14, 2008

Letter from Fiona to her Dogmom



Dear DogMommy,
First off I would like to mention that Caelan got more food in her bowl this morning than I did. Please don't let this happen again, I can see her bowl clearly as we eat and I know the truth! Now on to my main point... the rain. I hate it. Please make it stop. It is ruining my whole day and today was the third day in a row I was put on lock down because of it. I need to be outside pointing, don't you understand? There are creatures that are terrorizing our yard and do not take the day off because of the rain! Why do you force me inside? Don't start with that "muddy dog" speech or with the "stinky-wet-dog-smell" you seem to dislike so much. I'd like to point out you are the only one who is bothered by it. For instance yesterday when you were upstairs not paying attention - Daddy let me out in the pouring rain without a second thought, he just opened the doggie door and let me do my job. (he so understands my role in this family and the squirrel threat) Then you came downstairs asking where I was and all of a sudden dragged me inside and started complaining about the wet dog smell, Daddy claims he didn't notice it at all. It's not like he would make that up to try to avoid blame.
I think you know the potential threat the squirrels pose to our family and it is my job to point to them and chase them like a wild banshee. How can I do this from inside? I've tried it and for some reason, once again you have an "issue" with me running from window to window whining and salivating on the window panes. Do you know how evil those squirrels are?
I've even tried to compromise with you by doing my patented body-inside-the-house-head-outside-the-doggie-door move. Do you think just any dog can perfect such a move? I'd like to see a dachshund or a shih tzu attempt this. Still you complain even when I leave most of myself indoors that my head gets soaking wet and water is dripping inside the house. I don't get you...are you afraid of the rain or something?
Clearly we need to discuss this further and seek resolution. Meet me at the doggie door.
Your Loving Setter -
Fiona

2 comments:

  1. That's just hilarious!! I feel your pain...my dogs hate going out in the rain, too. Keep in mind, they will jump in any lake or pool, but hate going out in the rain! Oh, dogs...how boring our lives would be without them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona, clearly you don't understand that dogs will MELT if they go out in the rain! Your dogmom obviously knows this and is protecting you. Rain is an evil, evil thing, and your dogmom shows great sensibility to try to shield you from that fact. She only says the stuff about "wet dog smell" so you won't have to confront the EVILNESS that is RAIN.

    Brown dog kisses (from a dog who will MELT if touched by a single raindrop),
    Dannan

    ReplyDelete