Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things you learn from watching TV all day with Setters Part 1

1. We have 678 channels and nothing worth watching is on at any given time.
2. All episodes of Baby Story are the same. We want a baby, blah,blah,blah. Let's paint the nursery. Oh, now I have to push. Blah,blah, blah, life is now wonderful. Yet, I still watch.
3. All the movies I loved in the 80's are pretty lame-ass now as I re-watch them. In the past week I have viewed classics like "Mannequin" "Back to School" "Weekend at Bernies" and "Footloose" and um, I'm embarrassed I paid money to go to the theater for them. (well, maybe not Footloose - I still knew the whole soundtrack)
4. Some of the makeovers on HGTV are downright ridiculous. Yesterday I watched a perfectly nice sun porch get remodeled in "Mexicanavian" a mixture of Mexican and Scandinavian style. It was as bad as you can imagine - blank white spaces with mosaic glass scattered in them.
5. That Billy Mays guy on the Kaboom and Oxyclean commercials is just as annoying as ever even though you want to feel bad that he is dead.
6. That Pedigree commercial with the homeless dogs makes me tear up every time and I find myself flipping the channel as soon as it comes on. Then I feel guilty about it.
7. Lifetime Made for TV movies are gems in themselves. Who knew Nancy McKeon and Meredith Baxter Birney had so many roles post-sitcom years? A delicious treat yesterday was my gal Tori Spelling starring in "Co-Ed Call Girl" It was delicious in it's absurdity.
8. Dr. Phil is not any easier to watch even when you are half asleep and on pain killers.
9. The following movies are playing at any given time of the day: "Fried Green Tomatoes" "Pretty Woman" "Smokey & the Bandit" and "Jaws"
10. The flat screen HDTV in my bedroom that I fought my husband on is...actually...well, I like it. No, I kind of love it. Please don't tell him.

1 comment:

  1. Have you been "lucky" enough to catch 5 minutes of the Wendy Williams show? Who is this crazy lady and why does she have a freakin' show???? I saw it last Friday and wanted to burn her from my memory.

    ReplyDelete