Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Makeover my Dog Lucky Fiona Contestant #511 Kassie


"I usually cover myself up with a throw or blanket is that I want to be clothed in a new collar monthly or else I have to hide." Kassie
 


Dear Head Bitch and guest judges,
I want to enter your make over contest.
My name is Kassie and I am an almost fourteen year old English setter. My birthday is November of 1999. I was adopted from ACES ( another chance for English setters) in December of 2005 and came to live in the beautiful region of northeasten PA, very near Lake Wallenpaupack.
I wound up in rescue because in my younger days, I was an escape artist. There was no fence high enough nor secure enough at the base that I could not jump over or tunnel under. I just had to go down to the pond and chase the ducks. It was in my blood. I am a bird dog, after all.
I led Dogmom a merry chase when I first arrived, but now not so much.
Dogdad said that this house was a dog Fort Knox as we have an invisible fence and a physical fence. If I jumped the gate, I would stay in the IF. Many was the time the dogparents had to come out and get me back.into the physical fence. I could jump incredible heights. However the beep warned me to stay close by.
My arthritis makes it hard for me to jump the fence anymore but I still enjoy digging big holes in the yard.
I take famotadine daily for my sensitive stomach and I eat special food for my condition that I would sometimes rather not eat. Makes Dogmom crazy when I won't eat.
I am not fond of the camera and I am very fussy about treats, so I can not be bribed to pose for the photographer. This is unlike the other dog in this house, my sister, Snowball.
I do love her. I have to look out for her all the time. If she is outside and wants to come in, then she sits on the porch and waits patiently. She does not bark, hardly ever. I tell Dogmom or Dogdad that she needs to come inside. Snowball likes to be outside where I like to be inside. It works out for the bestl.
I like my comforts. Being under a blanket or throw is just the best.
I adore all people, but small children are the best. I am so patient and kind and all I want to do is give them kisses. Dogmom tells me there is to be a new baby in the house in the fall. This is very exciting news for me even though the new baby will not be here all the time.
Please consider me for a make over, Lucky Fiona..
Your friend,
Kassie
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
~Roger Caras~

No comments:

Post a Comment